This is an excellent with numbers of sails and marlin, that we haven’t seen in a few years
* 02-thru-04: The Weisman-Smithson party from Florida fished on the Intensity raising 23, had 11 bites and released 6 on fly.
* The following day Mr. Weisman and his daughter raised 62 sails, had 33 bites and released 24 on fly
* 3-4-5 – had the Release and Spindrift with a private group, the combined boats raised 255 fish, with 223 bites and 114 sails were released.
* 05 thru 09: The Al Jacobs party is aboard the Makaira for 5 days with Jason. First day was spectacular - the boat raising 54 sails and one blue, having 46 bites, with 22 released sails and one blue marlin – est 350 lbs., Next two days they released 40 from 70 bites!
* 6-thru 9: Rahlves party from Montana and Arizona fly fishing aboard the Captain Hook on their first day (06), raised 24, had 8 bites and 3 released sails. Jay Pohley got his first fly caught sail! Next day Jay caught 4 more sails and 1 blue marlin – 350# Day three Jay released another sail. This is his first saltwater fly fishing trip. Beats trout fishing in Montana!
* 6 thru 8: IWFA auction winner Diane Locke and PCCA chairwoman Joan Vernon fishing aboard the Release – 2 day total of 29 released from 52 bites. One more day to go
* 6 thru 8: The Frymire brothers on Intensity released 7 sails from 36 bites with one more day to go
* 6 thru 8: Malkin and Weisman fishing on the Rum Line released 19 sails from 29 bites on flies with one more day to go
Last edited by marlinhunter2; 02-09-12 at 01:47 PM.